Friday, December 9, 2016

RESERVATION

RESERVATION

   A.   Making a reservation
If you want to make a reservation, you can use the following expressions :
-        -  I’d like to make a reservation
-        - I’d like to book a room for January 3
-        - I’m going to book a double room for this weekend
We can also use some expressions to ask about the facilities, payment, and other needs. Here are some of the expressions commonly used.
-        - Can I reserve a table for two for lunch ?
-        - Can I book a train seat for tomorrow morning ?
-        - Could I make a reservation for may trip to Bali next week ?
-        - What facilities does the hotel offer ?
-        - What is the parking situation at the restaurant?
-        - Can we have a table by the window?
-        - Can I pay at the check-in desk when I pick up my ticket ?

   B.   Helping with a resvation
When you want to make a reservation, you can do it by phone, email, or other ways. The following are some expressions usually used by a reservation clerk.
-        - May I help you ?
-        - How many rooms/tables do you want to reserve ?
-        - How would you like to pay ?
-        - Can you tell me your address ?
-        - What sort of room would you like ?
-        - I’m sorry to inform you that all our rooms have been reserved.
-        - Which flight do you want to reserve?
-      - Sorry, I’m afraid to inform you that all our tables have been booked.
-        - How many people will come ?
-        - Let me repeat the information I have.


   C.   Confirming a Reservation
After you make a reservation, you should make a confirmation. Some expressions to confim a reservation are :
-        - I’d like to reconfirm my reservation
-        - I’d like to confirm my flight

   D.   Canceling a Reservation
If you want to cancel your reservation, you can use the following expressions:
-        - I’d like to cancel my flight.
-        - I’m afraid I have to cancel my reservation.
-        - I’m sorry to inform you that I have to cancel my reservation.
  
   E.    Complaining about Something
If you want to make a complaint about something, remember that a direct complaint or criticism in English can sound rude or aggressive. The best way to make a complaint is by using an indirect manner. Here are some of the most common ones.
-        - I’m sorry I have to say this but I think the air conditioning in my room doesn’t work properly.
-        - I’m sorry to bother you, but I think there’s something wrong with my computer.
-        - Maybe you forgot to give me a change.
-        - I think you might have forgotten to repair my electricity.
-     - Excude me if I’m out of line, but your work has not been adequate lately.
-      - There may have been a misunderstanding about the holiday plan.
-       - I’m afraid I have to make a complaint. Some stuff has gone missing from my room.
When people apologize, they normally say “sorry” and offer to fix the situation.
-        - I’m sorry, I’ll get someone check it for you.
-        - Sorry to hear that, I’ll send someone up.
-       -  I do apologize. I’d like to offer you a 20% discount off for our Holiday Program as a gesture of goodwill.

   F.    Making Arangements/Appointments
Some expressions used to make an appointment are :
-       -  I’d liket to meet you tomorrow afternoon if it’s convenient for you.
-        - I wonder of we could arrange a time to have lunch tomorrow.
-        - Are you free next Saturday ?
-        - Will you be available this afternoon?
As for the responses for the expressions above, we can use some responses, such as:
-       -  I’m really sorry, but I’ve got something else to do on Saturday.
-       -  I think tomorrow afternoon is okay.
-       -  I’m sorry, I’ll be busy tomorrow.
-        - I’m afraid I can’t make it.
-        - Sure. I’d love to.


No comments:

Post a Comment